Sports and Exercise Medicine
Dr John Brooks is an independent medical consultant, specialising in sports medicine, consulting at Elsternwick rooms.
- injuries, including paediatric sports injuries;
- exercise induced asthma;
- fatigue (including sport and exercise performance issues);
- safe exercise in those with chronic conditions including cardiac conditions, diabetes and hypertension;
- safe exercise in pregnancy and post-partum; and
- contraceptive advice for female athletes.
As a former professional rugby player, John understands the needs of people wanting to be healthy and active, as well as the frustration of medical issues and injuries.