Sports and Exercise Medicine
Dr John Brooks is a GP and Sports Doctor, consulting at Elsternwick rooms.
Dr Brooks has a particular interest in Sport and Exercise Medicine for people of all ages, and can assist with all sport and exercise related conditions including:
- injuries, including paediatric sports injuries;
- exercise induced asthma;
- fatigue (including sport and exercise performance issues);
- safe exercise in those with chronic conditions including cardiac conditions, diabetes and hypertension;
- safe exercise in pregnancy and post-partum; and
- contraceptive advice for female athletes.
As a former professional rugby player, John understands the needs of people wanting to be healthy and active, as well as the frustration of medical issues and injuries.
He has wide-ranging experience in managing sports injuries and musculoskeletal problems and working in professional sport, most recently as the Team Doctor for England’s Women’s Rugby Team.
For a sport and exercise medicine consultation, our normal time-based fees apply, a long consultation is required.