Dr Ibrahim has been practicing medicine since 2008. He has extensive clinical experience in all aspect of Family Medicine in Nigeria, United Kingdom and Australia. He is compassionate and dedicated to General Practice.
Dr Ibrahim is also a Specialist GP & Approved Provider of Counselling & Psychology Services (FULLY BULK BILLED).
Special interests include,
- Psychology and counselling Services (RACGP accredited and Medicare Approved provider). Dr Ibrahim provides specific focused psychological strategies for managing: Anxiety, Stress, Depression, Relationship Problems, Anger Management, insomnia, Post Traumatic Stress, Bereavement, Substance Abuse, etc. He provides specific skills training such as problem-solving skills, social skills training, communication training, parental stress management training, etc. He also uses evidence-based strategies approved by Medicare such as: psycho-education, cognitive-behavioural therapy, relaxation strategies, interpersonal therapy, etc.
- Skincare including skin/mole checks and mapping, management of keloid and hypertrophic scars.
- Minor Surgery procedure including surgical excision of skin cancer and other skin lesions, suturing, wedge resection of ingrowing toe nails, steroid joint injections,
- Women’s Health, including Pregnancy care, contraception advice, Implanon insertion and removal, PAP smears, STDs management, Peri-menopausal management etc
- Iron Infusions – performed onsite, in clinic
- Child Health, including baby checks and immunisations
- Chronic Disease management, including Diabetes care, Hypertension, Asthma/COPD, Weight & lipid management
Additional Languages Spoken: Yoruba