HEALTH CHECK 715
All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, regardless of age, are eligible for an annual Indigenous-specific health check. This health check was designed especially for Indigenous people. It was established because Indigenous people have considerably higher morbidity and mortality levels than non-Indigenous people, with earlier onset and more severe disease progression for many chronic diseases. The aim of the health check is to provide Indigenous people primary health care matched to their needs by supporting early detection, diagnosis and intervention for common and treatable conditions.
3%of the Australian population are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people, or just over 760,000 people.
Indigenous smoking rate fell from 51% in 2002 to 42% in 2014–15.
39%of the gap between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians health outcomes can be explained by social determinants.
64% of total burden of disease among Indigenous Australians is due to chronic diseases.
33% fall in the number of deaths for Indigenous children aged 0–4 between 1998 and 2015.
15% fall in the mortality rate for Indigenous Australians was recorded between 1998 and 2015.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Having a yearly 715 Health Check is free and takes around 45-60 minutes to complete.
- The 715 Health Check has been tailored for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of all ages.
- Having your 715 will help you to manage your health and prevent chronic diseases.
- Having your 715 will also give you access to additional bulk-billed Allied Health Services (including podiatry, physiotherapy, dietitians and more).
Patients with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent of any age.
WHAT IS A 715 HEALTH CHECK?
A 715 Health Check is an overall check of your health completed with you by your MyClinic Practice Nurse and GP.
WHAT HAPPENS IN A 715 HEALTH CHECK?
The health check will include a review of:
- Your general health (e.g. blood pressure, weight, height, diet, physical activity)
- Eyesight, Hearing & Oral Health
- Bloods tests (if required)
- Social and emotional wellbeing
- Review medication you may be taking
- Immunisation status
- Advice and information, for example on how to make lifestyle changes to improve your health or prevent health issues.
AFTER YOUR 715 HEALTH CHECK
A health check can help you access allied health services and follow up visits with your MyClinic Practice Nurse. A health check will help identify any health needs you may have and provide you with a referral to access help if you need it.
HOW OFTEN CAN YOU HAVE A 715 HEALTH CHECK?
Every 9-12 months, it’s free and only takes about 30-45 minutes.
HOW TO I GET ONE?
Simple! Call our friendly reception at your regular MyClinic and ask to book in for a 715 Health Check.
- MyClinic Bacchus Marsh Ph: 5367 8000
- MyClinic Balaclava Ph: 9531 8383
- MyClinic Bourke St Mall Ph: 9650 5630
- MyClinic Camberwell Ph: 9882 0055
- MyClinic Elsternwick Ph: 9523 7666
- MyClinic Hoppers Crossing Ph: 9974 3255
- MyClinic Mulgrave Ph: 9558 5554
- MyClinic Prahran Ph: 9826 2699
- MyClinic QV Ph: 9663 4517
- MyClinic Southbank Ph: 9131 4210
- MyClinic St Kilda Ph: 9525 4011
- MyClinic Tarneit Ph: 8742 2088
- MyClinic Werribee Central Ph: 9731 7000